Offering exceptional opportunities since 1970
Here at The Fayetteville Academy, we successfully fulfill our mission by adhering to core beliefs about educational excellence that began in 1970.
The Fayetteville Academy is a pre-kindergarten through 12th grade independent school that encourages students to achieve their full potential by offering exceptional opportunities in academics, fine arts, and athletics. The Academy emphasizes scholarship, honor, leadership and citizenship.
The Academy at a Glance
- 13-to-1 student-teacher ratio
- 100% college placement
- More than $450,000 in financial aid awarded annually
- Consistently exceed local, state and national SAT averages
- Spanish language classes starting in pre-kindergarten
- 34% of student body are from racially and ethnically diverse backgrounds
- 14 Advanced Placement classes
- 18% of student body are military dependents
- 80% of students participate in fine arts and 80% play on an athletic team
- 60% of faculty and staff hold advanced degrees
- Fayetteville Academy’s college counselor to student ratio is 34 to 1, compared to the national average of 460 to 1
- 35 conference championships and 19 state championships in athletics since 2000. Wachovia Cup champions 2008-09
Fayetteville Academy is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools and is accredited by the North Carolina Association of Independent Schools.